The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to the following parts of Sudan: Darfur, the Red Sea State border with Eritrea; the Abyei region; Southern Kordofan and Blue Nile states; areas of Northern Kordofan and White Nile states south of the Kosti-El Obeid-En Nahud road. See Local travel

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the following parts of Sudan: areas west of the towns of En-Nahud in North Kordofan up to the Darfur border. See Local travel

On 6 October 2017, the US announced that the suspension of its sanctions against Sudan would be made permanent on 12 October. While the initial reaction has been calm, we advise caution around large gatherings and celebratory gunfire.

There have been reports in recent days of renewed clashes between government forces and rebel groups in the areas around the Libyan border and in southern Darfur. If you’re in Darfur against FCO advice, or in the Libyan desert area of Northern state, you should consider carefully whether to remain in the area, monitor local media and security channels for the latest updates, and follow instructions from security forces. The British Embassy continues to monitor the situation.

Following an announcement by the government of Sudan regarding the removal of subsidies on fuel prices, there is an increased risk of demonstrations and protests across the country. You should exercise vigilance and take care to avoid large crowds and demonstrations wherever possible. See Political situation

Terrorists are likely to try to carry out attacks in Sudan. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. See Terrorism

The British Embassy no longer registers British nationals in Sudan and the capacity of the British Embassy to help in times of crisis may be limited. You should consider your own travel arrangements carefully and make sure you have up-to-date travel documents and visas in case you need to leave at short notice. In case of a crisis this page outlines the precautions you should take and the help and support the British Embassy can provide.

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.

Take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before you travel.

Source Article from

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *